Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pet Store In Yakima, Washington

I have always been attracted to birds. Whenever there has been an opportunity to observe birds close up, interact with them or hold them (that is a special bonus) it puts a smile on my face. With me being a bird lover, I have always had a larger bird then my parakeet on a wish list. Don’t get me wrong, I adore my yellow parakeet. She provides me peace, joy and entertainment. Its just that ever since Charlie, a friend of mine that I had in my late teens, introduced me to his 2 macaws, parrots and various other birds, I have wanted a larger bird of my own.

To make a long story shorter, I would like to introduce you to a pet store that I wandered into last week. Pet Pantry is located at 5808 Summitview in Yakima, Washington. I found Shelly Halma the owner of Pet Pantry, to be very personable and helpful on my visit to her store.

I observed a variety of birds, fish, reptiles and guinea pigs for sale. I’m under the impression that this is a pet store you would want to drop in on occasion, as the selection of pets and products that are available probably change from time to time. I saw a tank of live food (called feeders) for reptiles. However, I didn’t inquire about the type of feeders they were. Shelly also has some different pet accessories then the ones you find at Petco or PetSmart to choose from. Pet Pantry specializes in all natural pet foods and specialty supplies.

I bought a small rope swing and some bulk bird food while I was there. I was impressed with being able to buy bird foods in bulk, as my bird picks out the stuff she does not like when I buy it in the bag. It can amount to quite a bit of waste in bird food.

Shelly offers pet grooming and has a full time professional groomer on sit. I do believe a proper pet grooming schedule is important to your pet’s health. I know my pet smells better after a grooming and I think they feel good about themselves. If you would like to contact Shelly at the Pet Pantry her number is (509) 966-7300.

I know I will be returning to Pet Pantry to visit. It may be to buy food, accessories or even a wing trim for that larger bird I’m going to initiate getting in the near future.

In closing, if anyone has a nice Parrot or Sun Conure they need to adopt out, I would be interested. Please contact me at kathy_romano@msn.com

Have a great day!

Kathy

No comments: